Mardi Gras Parade
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
10 a.m. - Highway 59 and Highway 182 and roll east along Highway 182 (East Beach Blvd.) to Highway 135 at the Gulf State Park Pier.
The City of Gulf Shores is excited to continue its expanded role as lead organizers for the Gulf Shores Mardi Gras Parade. This history of the Gulf Shores Mardi Gras parade dates back to 1978 when a group of locals decided Gulf Shores needed a parade. Those locals formed the Pleasure Island Players and thus Mardi Gras began in Gulf Shores. A year later the Mystic Order of Shiners joined the Pleasure Island Players to become what is now the oldest parading order in Baldwin County.
The City of Gulf Shores will continue the tradition and celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Mardi Gras Parade on Tuesday, February 13 at 10 a.m.
Due to construction at Gulf Place (main public beach) and Highway 59, the parade route has been revised. With the new route, the parade will start at the intersection of Highway 59 and Highway 182 and roll east along Highway 182 (East Beach Blvd.) to Highway 135 at the Gulf State Park Pier.
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following traffic flow modifications related to the Mardi Gras Parade:
- West Gulf Place will be closed.
- Parking will only be available for parade participants and float setup.
- Access to Highway 182 via West 1st and West 2nd Street will be closed. Traffic headed west or north will detour via West 3rd Street onto West 1st Ave.
- Access to Highway 182 via Highway 59 will be closed.
- Access to Highway 182 via East 1st, East 2nd and East 4th Street will be closed.
- Traffic headed westbound on Highway 182 near the Gulf State Park Pier will be diverted to Highway 135 for access to Highway 59.
- All normal traffic conditions should resume.
If severe weather moves in and the parade is cancelled, there will be no make-up date. For more information contact City Hall at 251-968-2425
Participate in the Parade
Anyone interested in participating in the parade can do so by completing the application. The deadline to register for the parade is Friday, February 6. Any entry submitted after this date will be required to pay a $20 fee.
Mail or Email your application to the event coordinator.
City of Gulf Shores Special Events
Attention: Erica Bassett
P.O. Box 299
Gulf Shores, AL 36547.